How We Operate
Adai Network currently works on two programs:
- Through our outreach program, we collaborate with different NGOs and send Adai's own volunteer teams to help communities in-need. See Event Log for our recent activities.
- Through our app development program, we develop free software programs to better connect NGOs and minded youth. Our main goal is to create a free NGO/charity index powered by data analytics.
- Through our computing education program, we helps secondary school students to learn basics of designing, understanding and implementing algorithms in computer science.
The purposes of the Adai Network Foundation are:
- To assist high school and university students in finding suitable volunteer opportunities from non-profit organizations.
- To provide technical assistance for non-profit organizations in times of need.
- To foster public awareness of the potential of new media technologies and data analytics in promoting civic engagement.
- To promote collaborations between the technology community and the public sector.
Volunteer Rack is a social platform (with both web and iOS versions) that facilitates volunteer activities. It is still in beta-test and we will continue to improve its data mining algorithm. Our goal is to make Volunteer Rack a "communication hub" to better connect NGOs and Volunteers in Metro Vancouver. Once completed, the platform would automatically synchronize with our collaborators' websites and automatically publish new volunteer opportunities.